The CPL Preparation Programme is a phase 1 package designed for ab-initio pilots with little or no experience and aspire to achieve a Commercial Pilot Licence (CPL), frozen ATPL(A).
CPL Preparation Program delivers the: -
The PPL and ATPL theoretical study is provided online via our modern CBT distance learning platform software, which allows the student to study from home, at their own pace, in their own time, around their own schedule.
The exams can be sat at any Austro Control GmbH test center.
The practical flight training is delivered as a full time intensive PPL(A) + Night VFR course flying in a Tecnam P2002-JF at our primary flight training center at Son Bonet Airport (LESB), Palma de Mallorca, Spain
Students can expect to complete the PPL flight training within 4 weeks.
After the pilot receives their EASA PPL(A), students will be enrolled onto the ATPL theoretical distance learning online ground school which is both EASA and UK CAA approved. This opens the possibility to pursue a dual licence course at no extra training cost.
The structured time building program can also be completed within a month and will involve flying 100 hours as Pilot-in-command (PIC). PPL pilots can time build in Spain, France, Portugal and Italy. Students are free to tour Mediterranean Europe and enjoy their layover destinations.
Upon completion of the CPL Preparation Program, after passing all 13 ATPL theoretical examinations, students will have met the 150 hour minimum flight time and academic requirements to commence phase 2, the professional flight training modules - Multi-Engine Piston Class Rating (MEP), CPL and ME-Instrument Rating (IR). After which they will have earnt their frozen ATPL(A) and become a fully qualified licenced airline pilot.
Fly EPT Spain has already implemented KSA 100 into its CPL Preparation Programme training syllabus. Graduates will receive a comprehensive Flight School Report and KSA certificate, which will support any future airline cadet placement programme application.
Furthermore, if after passing all 13 ATPL examinations, you would like to continue with further academic study and earn a University Degree, please do let us know as our partnered ATO ground school provider has been recognised as an academic institution by a UK University and the credits earnt from the ATPL theory course can be credited towards a Bachelor’s Degree.
If you would like to enroll into the CPL Preparation Programme, or you have any further questions, please do not hesitate to contact CFI@flyEPTspain.com
To enroll, you will need to meet the following entry criteria: -
- 16+ years old to commence flight training. 17+ years for PPL(A) application
- ICAO English Language Proficiency (ELP) minimum level 4+ prior to start of training.
- A high school graduate certificate OR a minimum of 5 GCSEs (or international high school equivalent) at grade C/4 or above, including Mathematics, Science and English Language
International Student (Pilot) Visa
- Student pilots from countries which are eligible for Spanish visa-free entry of up to 90 days, can take a PPL(A), Night rating and the hour building course without the need to obtain a student visa (as long as the duration of the course is shorter than 90 days). International student pilots coming from countries which do not qualify for Spain visa-free entry need to apply for a Schengen Student Visa.
- Be able to pass and obtain a Class 1 Medical certificate.
Additional costs to consider: